Technical Specifications of the Sault Community Theatre Centre
The Community Theatre Centre is connected to the White Pines Collegiate and Vocational School, 1007 Trunk Road in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. The theatre is located on the south side of the building, with easy access for loading and unloading. The loading dock is on the far side of the theatre. The actual door size on the loading dock is 10 feet by 10 feet.
Front of House
The front of house can be divided into three sections: the main floor which is raked, holds 626 seats, and two galleries holding 174 and 186 seats, for a total house capacity of 987. Facilities are available for wheelchairs (33).
- Width – 40 feet (12.25 metres)
- Height – 15 feet (4.57 metres)
- Distance from main curtain to back wall – 22 feet (6.69 metres)
- Distance from edge of performance space to main curtain (apron) – 20 feet (6 metres)
- Apron – 13 feet (3 metres)
- Wing space – Stage left – 18 feet (5.7metres)
- Stage right – 32 feet (9.93 metres)
- Pit – Eight (8)-foot pit and stage extension which can be set at various levels – stage height, floor level, and four (4) feet below floor level.
- The floor is suitable for dance.
- Chorus (20 persons) – 2
- Principal (4 persons) – 2
- Dock One located stage right at truck bed level
- Dock Two located in Workshop at truck bed level
A full set of working drawings is available at a price of $15.00 per set. Please contact the Technical Director at production services.
- Touring Lighting Disconnect – 200 Amp.
- Touring Sound Disconnect – 100 Amp.
The House PA system consists of the following equipment:
- 8 – JBL Vertec 4887 per side, in stereo, flown
- 2 – DIAC B218SL Sub Bass per side, on deck
- Lake processing and Lab Gruppen amplification
- AVID SC 48 w/ i-pad remote
- multi-media laptop
- CD Playback w/ pitch
The Stage Monitoring system consists of the following:
- Beringher X-32 console
- 6 – QSC KW12 powered speakers
- 4 – Meyer UPA mounted mid stage on left and right Germans as side wash
- Korg Triton LE Workstation
- 9 foot Yamaha Grand Piano (tuned 440)
- Yamaha Upright Piano
- 2 Audio Technica Series 2000 wireless Microphones Handheld & Lavalier
- An assortment of condenser and dynamic mics and passive and active DIs from; Radial, Shure; B52, B and SM57, SM 58, B87, SM89, SM81, AKG 214, Sennheiser 900 series drum and guitar mics, Crown and Audio Technica PZM and boundary mics
- 2 Audio Technica 2000 wireless with handheld and lavs
- Atlas round base and K&M tripod boom stands
- Music Stands w/ Reading Lights
- Program sound, paging, and Closed Circuit Video throughout the facility
- Clear-Com hard-wired intercom system
Moveable and Interactive Acoustical Treatments and Orchestra Shell
A state-of-the-art Acoustical Shell is now available for choral, orchestral, and small musical and theatrical presentations. Incorporating reflectors that disappear when not in use, and fixed and moveable acoustical reflectors in the house and designed specifically for this theatre, this system is truly one of a kind.
- 8 – 6 inch variable focus zoom lekolites, Model 2206
- 8 – 4 ½ inch lekolites, Model 2204
- 12 – 6 inch lekolites, Model 2209
- 12 – 6 inch lekolites, Model 2212
- 24 – 4 ½ inch variable focus zoom lekolites, Model 2205
- 20 – 6 inch fresnels, Model 3380
- 5 Iris 3 cyc lights, Model 5913
- 24 ETC Source 4 with Chroma Q Scroller
- 50 ETC Source 4 Jr Zoom
- 24 PAR 64 1k med/nar
- 8 ETC Par 575w
- 16 Chauvet Colorado LED Wash
- 1 Martin Mac 250
- 2 Lycian Midget follow spots
- 6000 Lumen NEC Projector